Welcome to The Zhao Bioinformatics Laboratory
The Zhao lab at the Noble Research Institute, LLC, develops innovative bioinformatics methods, tools and resources to advance basic and applied plant science researches.
Our group focuses on research and development in genomic and computational approaches to reveal the underlying mechanism in plants. We are applying statistical pattern recognition, artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in the study of genome annotation, regulatory mechanism of gene expression, and sequence-structure-function relationship, etc.
RESEARCH EMPHASIS AREA
- Gene expression, regulation and network biology
- Novel gene discovery and gene functional annotation
- Genotype-phenotype (G2P) association discovery via integrative genome-scale biological network & genome-wide association analysis
- Comparative ‘omics’ and biological database development
- Applications in systematic studies of small regulatory RNAs, signaling proteins, membrane transport proteins and enzymes involved in various aspects of plant biology